Clear IBPS clerk
Nowadays everybody’s dream job is to get a job in the government sector because in the government sector the salary is high and the work pressure is low. Everyone is trying their luck in government exams but only luck will not help you to get a government job. To achieve a government job you have to work hard, really hard.
So, aspirants today I’m going to share with you some strategy to clear IBPS clerk, stay tuned till the end.
Firstly, let me give you some important information regarding the IBPS clerk exam pattern.
IBPS clerk exam is easy as compared to the IBPS Po exam. Every year exam for IBPS clerk held in the month of December and January. IBPS clerk exam is based upon two phases. The first phase is the preliminary exam and the second phase is the Mains exam. Preliminary exam conducted in the month of December every year and the Mains exam is conducted in the month of January every year. This year (2019) the prelims exam had been conducted on 7th, 8th, 14th, & 15th of December. The IBPS Clerk Mains exam will be scheduled to be held on the 19th of January 2020.
Let’s have a look into
IBPS CLERK EXAM PATTERN
IBPS Clerk Prelims
|S.NO.||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|2||Reasoning Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes.|
|3||Quantitative aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Total||100 questions||100 marks||60 minutes|
IBPS Clerk Mains
|S.NO||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|2||Reasoning aptitude & computer aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|3||Quantitative aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|4||General/ financial awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|Total||190 questions||200 marks||160 minutes|
Syllabus of IBPS Clerk Prelims
|English||Reading comprehension, cloze test, sentence completion, phrase replacement, Para jumbles, error detection, fill in the blanks, connectors, vocabulary,|
|Reasoning aptitude||Advance puzzles, blood relations, syllogism, coding-decoding, order & ranking, machine input & output, seating arrangements, inequalities, alphabet series, number series, Chinese coding|
|Quantitative aptitude||Data interpretations ( bar graph, tabular, pie chart, line chart), inequalities, simplification, approximation, number series, percentages, average, ratio & proportion, profit & loss, S.I/ C.I, speed & distance, distance & time, work & time, mensuration, wages, problems on trains, boats|
Syllabus of IBPS Clerk Mains
|English||Reading comprehension, cloze test, sentence improvement, one-word substitution, fill in the blanks, vocabulary, Phrases, and idioms, Direct and Indirect speech, etc.|
|Reasoning aptitude||Analogy, passage and conclusion, statement and conclusion, decision making, assertion, ranking and sequences, coding-decoding, number series, alphabet series, distance & direction, sitting arrangement, input-output, etc.|
|Quantitative aptitude||Data interpretations, quadratic equations, tables, mixtures, bar graphs, profit & loss, discount, ratio and proportion, S.I/ C.I, speed & distance, surface area, volume, time, clocks, probability, trigonometry, mensuration, etc.|
|General & financial awareness||G.K related to banking, economic, financial sector, GDP, interest rate, repo rate, tax rate, current affairs ( national & international), the latest report of budget, abbreviations, acronyms, recent government’s schemes & policies, locations, headquarters, head, chairman of banks such as SBI, RBI, SEBI, IRDA, IMF Indian financial system, etc.|
|Computer aptitude||Basics of computer, history of computers, computer hardware and software, shortcut keys, internet, MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, MS. PowerPoint, tools, etc.|
A well-planned strategy will help you to clear IBPS Clerk
Wondering how to prepare for Lic assistant mains exam? Click here
- Learn all the basic grammar rules. Give mock tests online, it’ll help you to know where you are going wrong.
- Learn synonyms and antonyms thoroughly.
- Daily read newspaper. It’ll help you in your reading comprehension and improve your vocabulary as well. you’ll get to learn new words through newspaper
- Make your vocabulary strong
- Give mock tests online
- Practice previous years question paper
- Practice error detection as much as possible
- Clear the basics first, if your basics are not clear you won’t be able to solve advanced level questions.
- Learn short tricks
- Practice a lot, because practice makes your concept more clear
- Give mock tests
- Practice each & every topic
- Practice to solve questions in minimum time
- Go through the previous years’ question paper
- If you aren’t taking any coaching classes, You can take help from youtube. You’ll get thousands of videos there. You can go through them.
- Practice puzzles on a daily basis
- Try to practice different types of puzzles
- Don’t directly jump on advanced level questions
- First, clear your basic concepts after that go to advance level questions
- Practice as much as you can because practice is essential in quantitative.
- Learn formulas thoroughly
- Data interpretations, quadratic equations, mensuration, speed & distance, probability, etc are some of the tough topics, so practice them a lot.
- Give mock tests.
General & financial awareness
- Read the newspaper daily because the newspaper plays a very important role in general awareness.
- Current affairs magazines
- Check out the previous year’s question papers.
- Don’t forget to learn the history of the banking system
- Usually, questions of general awareness are based on recent happenings, so don’t forget to read articles based on recent happenings.
- Always keep updated yourself
- Read the last 6 months news national & international both.
- In computer aptitude you just need to learn all the basic concepts of ms office, ms excel, ms powerpoint.
- Daily revise them, so that you won’t forget it
- Learn internet browsing
- Security tools and their functions
Don’t follow others’ strategy to clear IBPS clerk, make your own strategy and time table. Follow the timetable and strategy properly and keep confidence in yourself.