“How to prepare for SBI PO?” are you looking for an answer to this question I’m sure you are looking for because SBI (State Bank of India) is the largest commercial bank in India, in terms of deposits, assets, and employees. SBI is owned by the Indian government. Every year, lakhs of aspirants fill the exam form and start their preparation to crack the SBI exam especially the SBI PO in the hope that they will crack the SBI PO exam this year and they will achieve their dream job. Few of them succeed and some not.
Only 2000 vacancies will out for SBI Probationary Officer’s post and something around 20 lakhs aspirants apply every year for this post. Now you can imagine the competition, how high it is.
Today I’m going to discuss some important details about the SBI PO exam dates, exam pattern & syllabus and I’ll also share some strategies with you on “ how to prepare for SBI PO Exam?”
SBI PO 2020
This year SBI PO 2020 application expected to be released through online mode on 21st of April 2020 and the last date to fill the application form will be the 13th of May 2020.
SBI PO 2020 will be based on three phases of the exam:
- Phase I – Preliminary exam
- Phase II – Mains exam
- Phase III – Interview
Exam dates for SBI PO
SBI PO 2020 Preliminary exam will be expected to be in the month of July 2020 and the mains exams will be in the month of August 2020.
|S.no.||Subject||No. of questions||Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 min.|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 min.|
|3||Reasoning Aptitude||35||35||20 min.|
After qualifying the SBI PO prelims exam, aspirants will go for the SBI PO Mains exam
|S.no.||Subject||No. of questions||Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||35||40||40 min.|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||60||45 min.|
|3||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 min.|
|4||General Awareness||40||40||35 min.|
After qualifying mains exam candidates will go for the final round “Group discussion and Interview round”. Group Discussion round contains 20 marks and Interview round contains 30 marks
|Group Discussion||20 marks|
|Interview Round||30 marks|
“how to prepare for SBI PO”? Before giving the answer to this question, I would like to explain the syllabus of SBI PO 2020 because without knowing the syllabus candidates aren’t be able to start their preparation for the exam.
Syllabus of SBI PO
|1||English language||Reading comprehension Cloze test Fill in the blanks Para jumbles Vocabulary Multiple meaning Error spotting Paragraph & sentence completion Miscellaneous Synonyms and antonyms|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||Ratio & proportion Percentage Profit & loss Simplification Mixtures & allegations Work & time Sequence & series Mensuration Time & distance Simple interest & compound interest Data interpretation Combination & probability Permutation Number system|
|3||Reasoning Aptitude||Syllogism Blood relation Alphanumeric series Puzzle Input-output Coding-decoding Tabulation Inequalities Seating arrangement Coded inequalities Data sufficiency Direction & distance Ranking Alphabet test Logical reasoning|
|1||English Language||Reading comprehension Verbal ability Vocabulary Para jumbles Sentence improvement Error spotting Cloze test Fill in the blanksWord association Idioms & phrases|
|2||Reasoning Aptitude||Syllogism Double lineup Scheduling Input-output Analytical & decision making Coding- decoding Direction & distance course of action data sufficiencyCoded inequalities Order and rankingBlood relation Circular seating arrangement Linear seating arrangementVerbal reasoning Floor puzzle, box puzzle|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||Probability Permutation & combination Data sufficiency Pie charts Missing case & let it case DI Chart & tables Bar graphLine graph Tabular graph Data analysis and interpretation Quadratic equation|
|4||General Awareness||Current affairs Financial affairs Banking terminologies Banking awareness bank headquarters Statistic awareness|
|5||Computer Ability||Keyboard shortcuts Internet Memory Computer hardware Computer abbreviations Microsoft Computer software Computer fundamentals and functions Networking Number system Operating system Basic of logic gates|
Prepare for SBI PO
To crack any exam the main thing that each & every aspirant should have, that is –
dedication and a well-planned study strategy.
To get the answer to “how to prepare for SBI PO” follow this strategy :
- Yourself to studies, if you can’t do that then I advise you not to appear for SBI PO exam because the competition level is very high, if you can’t devote yourself to studies,
- Then you won’t be able to crack the SBI PO exam whether you give 5th attempt or 10th attempt.
- To crack SBI PO, it requires lots of preparation & efforts in the proper and right direction.
- Work on your weaknesses again and again
- 1st, go for the scoring topics
- Keep your basic concepts clear
- Go through previous year question papers, so that you can get a clear view.
- Learn short tricks for reasoning and quantitative, it’ll help you to do calculations in minimum times.
- Practice lots of mock tests.
- Don’t follow each & everyone’s shortcut tricks, otherwise, you’ll get confused.
- Follow only that tricks which you’ll be able to understand and remember.
- Regular read newspaper, so that you’ll already know about the all current affairs and in the last days of the exam you just have to make a revision.
- Not jump directly on hard questions because without basic clearance and practice you will not be able to solve them and it’ll only demotivate you.
- Work on your speed & accuracy, it is essential to crack any competitive exam
- Practice solving mock tests as fast as possible and correct.
- Practicing is very important, it helps to clear your concepts more and more.
- Learn banking concepts
- Keep update yourself about the latest technologies
- Practice every type of puzzles
- Increase your vocabulary
Keep practicing and believe in yourself. Don’t lose hope.
Wish you luck all the aspirants. I hope you get the answer to your question” how to prepare for SBI PO”.
Follow these strategies and make yourself prepare for SBI PO.