RBI (Reserve Bank of India) is India’s Central bank. RBI controls the issue and supply of the Indian currency. RBI Assistant exam prelims are going to be held on 14th & 15th February 2020 and the mains will be conducted in March 2020. As you can see only 40-45 days are left for the prelims So if you want to be a part of RBI, start your preparation right now. The last date to fill the online application form for the RBI Assistant exam is on 16th January 2020.
Today, in this article you’ll get the answers to all your questions “how to prepare for RBI Assistant Exam? what is the exam pattern & syllabus? Everything in one article.
Some important points regarding the RBI Assistant Exam
- RBI Assistant Exam is based on 3 phases
- Phase I is the preliminary exam
- Phase II is the mains exam
- Phase III is the LPT (Language Proficiency Test)
- Negative marking for every wrong answer
- There will no marks deducted for unattempted questions
- In the Preliminary exam, they don’t go in the depth of the topic they just check the candidate’s speed.
- In Mains exam, they check the conceptual clarity of candidates
Exam pattern for RBI Assistant Exam
|S.NO.||Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|1||English language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|S.NO.||Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|1||English language||40||40||30 minutes|
|2||Quantitative aptitude||40||40||30 minutes|
|3||Reasoning aptitude||40||40||30 minutes|
|4||General awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|5||Computer knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
Syllabus for RBI Assistant Exam
|English||Reading comprehension, cloze test, error- detection, fillers, sentence based errors, spelling errors, para jumbles, sentence completion, idioms & phrases, connectors, paragraph completion, sentence re-arrangement, spotting error.|
|Quantitative aptitude||Simplification, data interpretation, arithmetic, simple interest & compound interest, profit & loss, questions on percentage, time & work based, time & distance and speed, approximation, problems on trains, ratio & proportion, average & ages, boats & streams, pipes & cistern, probability, mensuration.|
|Reasoning aptitude||Puzzles, direction & distance, blood relation, syllogism, inequality, alphanumeric series, order & ranking, data sufficiency, input-output, miscellaneous questions. The sitting arrangement, coding-decoding.|
|English||Reading comprehension, synonyms, antonyms, word meanings, sentence corrections, one-word substitution|
|Quantitative aptitude||HCF & LCM, time and distance, time and work, problems on the train, average, probability, simple interest & compound interest, partnership, mixture & allegations.|
|Reasoning aptitude||Number series, blood relation, the odd man out, analogy, coding-decoding, distance and direction based questions, symbols, row arrangement|
|General awareness||Current affairs, banking awareness, economy & financial awareness, history of the banking system, geographical concepts, political science, international conferences & summits, government schemes, monetary and fiscal policies, national & international organizations, financial terms.|
|Computer knowledge||Hardware & software, history of the computer, devices, internet knowledge, networking, internet, and web technology, networking security, MS Office, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, operating system, shortcut keys, programming language, abbreviations.|
Language proficiency test (LPT)
Candidates after clearing the RBI Assistant Mains exam will have to appear for LPT.
It is conducted to check the knowledge of the local language of the candidate
|Guwahati||Assamese / bodo / khasi / manipuri Bengali / Mizo|
|Jammu||Hindi / Urdu / Kashmiri|
|Nagpur||Marathi / Hindi|
|Patna||Hindi / Maithili|
Tips to prepare for RBI Assistant exam
- Self-study is essential to crack any exam.
- Read English newspapers on a daily basis, it’ll help you in reading comprehension.
- Practice error detection
- Learn all the necessary basic grammar rules
- Focus on error detection
- Opt for online mock test
- Learn idioms & phrases
- Focus on your weak areas
- Try to solve lots of questions
- Learn short tricks ( you can take help from youtube)
- Practice to solve questions in minimum time
- Learn squares up to 70
- Learn cubes up to 50
- Learn square roots and cube roots
- Solve the mock test as many as you can
- Practice lots of puzzles, miscellaneous questions
- Practice to solve questions in minimum time by using short tricks
- Give mock tests
- Keep your concepts clear
- Without clearing your concept on one topic don’t jump into another topic
- Start from the easy ones then go to advanced level
- Don’t forget to read the newspaper
- History of the banking system
- Learn about national & international organizations
- Learn the headquarters of the bank
- Current affairs of 4- 6 months
- Articles about new technology and government schemes
- Learn the basics of computer’
- Functions of devices
- Internet knowledge is essential
- Learn all about the hardware and software
- Don’t forget to learn about the history of computer
To crack any government exam 4 rules you have to follow
The rules are –
- Self study
It is a key to success. Self-study helps us to clear our doubts.
Practice a lot because as you heard “practice makes perfect”. Practice helps you to remember everything. you need to practice a lot at home.
Patience is a must. Keep patience, don’t get frustrated if you aren’t able to solve something or aren’t able to learn, just keep patience and keep trying.
Follow your strategy and keep believing in yourself and god
Tips for the examination day
- Revise everything
- Stay focus
- Keep calm
- First, solve the questions in which you are confident
- Don’t attempt the questions in which you aren’t sure
- Don’t waste time on one question for too long
- Read questions completely and carefully
Aspirants if you work hard you’ll definitely succeed because hard work pays off. Best of luck aspirants, give your 100%.
This is the time to achieve your goals.
Prepare for rbi assistant exam